Alex W. Klein, Of Counsel
Alex W. Klein is Of Counsel to the firm. The focus of his practice is landlord-tenant proceedings, civil litigation, commercial disputes, and labor and employment law. Mr. Klein also has extensive experience representing corporate and individual clients as well as labor unions and management. This includes representation of municipal employees and employers. He has handled multiple arbitrations and mediations, has tried a case before New Jersey’s Office of Administrative Law, and has settled countless matters in various New Jersey venues, including the Public Employee Relations Commission (PERC). He has also appeared before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). During his career, Mr. Klein has been affiliated with the firms Fox and Fox, LLP and Knapp, Trimboli and Prusinowski, and has handled, among other things, disciplinary grievances and testing appeals. Alex also litigates landlord-tenant matters.
Mr. Klein has also handled a variety of matters outside of his usual areas of litigation, including several matrimonial, personal injury, domestic violence, medical malpractice and insurance cases. He also has experience practicing in New York.
Some highlights of Alex’s experience to date include:
- Settled a wrongful termination action against one of New Jersey’s largest municipalities, post-hearing, ensuring client received optimal back pay amount.
- Settled a commercial dispute between a storage facility and a large institutional customer concerning the cost for the removal of thousands of stored files, avoiding a potentially costly trial.
- Won multiple arbitration awards for employees in which discipline at issue was voided entirely.
- Settled two longstanding matrimonial actions prior to trial, avoiding potentially costly trials.
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey (2007)
- New York (2010)
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey (2007)
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, NJ (J.D. 2007)
Member, Domestic Violence Clinic
- Union College – Schenectady, NY (B.A., Political Science 2004)
Magna Cum Laude
- Law Clerk to Hon. John F. Malone, P.J.Ch., 2007-2008 Term